Shredded Beef Arepas
These shredded beef Arepas are full of flavor and sure to please the whole family. Garnish with red onion, roasted potatoes and a salad for the perfect meal.
Time: 1 hour 20 minutes Serving: 3
- 3 Delicias Andinas Arepas Antioqueñas Amarillas
- 1 lb pound roast beef (chuck or round roast)
- ½ Tbsp Yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp vinegar (optional)
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 scallions
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1¼ cup of beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp of canola oil
- Garnish with roasted potatoes
- Season beef with salt and pepper and cook in a pressure cooker for 1 hour. When meat is tender, shred with a fork and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil, crushed garlic, and scallions.
- Add tomatoes seasoned with a pinch of salt to replace the juices, fresh oregano, cumin, mustard and beef stock to sauté pan.
- Add beef to sauce and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce is absorbed
- Heat the Arepas on med heat skillet for 4 minutes on each side. Plate shredded beef over Arepas and garnish with red onion, roasted potatoes. Serve with chimichurri sauce.