Arepitas with Shrimp and Mango Avocado Salsa
Arepitas with Shrimp and Mango Avocado Salsa are the perfect appetizer to serve at a summer cocktail party. Light, zingy, and full of flavor, these bites will disappear in minutes.
Time: 30 minutes Serving: 5 servings (2 per serving)
- 10 Delicias Andinas Arepitas
- ½ pound peeled deveined cooked shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ mango, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Alfalfa sprouts and edible flowers to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the Arepas and garnish.
- Set aside for the flavors to develop at room temperature.
- Bake the mini Arepas until crunchy, about 14 minutes (7 on each side).
- Place the mini Arepas on a platter and spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of the shrimp and mango salsa on each.
- Top with sprouts and edible flowers.
- Eat and enjoy.