Arepa Steak Sandwich
Have you ever eaten a Latin Steak Sandwich? What makes it Latin is the use of Arepas instead of bread. Arepas are a healthier, tastier alternative to bread and are naturally gluten, cholesterol, and fat-free.
- 2 Delicias Andinas Arepas Antioqueñas Blancas
- 1 Philly steak (or a thinly sliced steak)
- ¼ lb. of shredded mozzarella cheese
- A generous portion of romaine lettuce
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Additional toppings include Pico de Gallo, mayonnaise, parsley sauce, guacamole, and cilantro.
- 1. Lightly grease a hot grill (high flame) with cooking oil.
- 2. Place Philly Steak (or thinly sliced steak) on the grill.
- 3. Season steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Cook steak thoroughly on each side and cut it into strips.
- 5. While steak is cooking, place 2 Arepas on the grill.
- 6. When the Arepas are hot and toasty, place steak over on Arepa and add cheese.
- 7. Remove from grill and add lettuce along with desired toppings.
- 8. Place the second Arepa on top and enjoy.